Prostate Conditions Education Council (PCEC) founded and coordinates the national SET the PACE Event Series.
The series, launched in 2001, increases national awareness of prostate health and educates men and their loved ones about the importance of early detection. In 2011, the SET the PACE program expanded from a national run/walk series to encompass all awareness events. With new events being added every month, SET the PACE ensures men and women from all walks of life are reached.
The SET the PACE Event Series is an excellent way to raise awareness of prostate cancer in your community while also raising funds for local early detection programs, research, support groups, screening sites and other important efforts. In fact, SET the PACE is the ONLY national series that allows local affiliates to retain funds, thereby creating a greater impact in the local community. Many of our affiliates use these funds to participate in, our flagship program, Prostate Cancer Awareness Week (PCAW).
Be part of a series that reaches millions of men and women around the country each year—and let SET the PACE help coordinate a successful event that your community won’t soon forget!
You can help make a difference!
Look no closer than your own community to educate others about prostate cancer and encouraged men to take action. Get involved by participating or organizing a prostate cancer program in your area.
There are multiple ways to participate in the SET the PACE Event Series. Whether you’re looking to host a large event with the goal of raising a large monetary amount or just to host a simply awareness program, you can be involved with SET the PACE.
Examples of SET the PACE Events
- Run/Walk Events: 5K, 10K, Half or Full Marathon
- Bicycling Events: Road or Mountain biking.
- Motorcycle Rides: Poker Rides or Scenic Tours
- Health Conferences
- Golf Tournaments
- Beer Tasting & Restaurant Fundraising Nights
- Corporate Charity Day – Program in a Box
Make A Difference By:
Starting a new SET the PACE event.
Approaching an existing event to partner with the SET the PACE Event Series.
Designating PCEC as the beneficiary of an existing event.
SET the PACE Events Requirements
- Give men, women and their families the facts about prostate cancer.
- Encourages all men over 40 years of age to get screened.
- Encourages men that Knowledge is Power.
- Celebrates fathers, brothers, husbands, sons and friends.
- Uses PCEC’s education materials as an educational tool.
- Retain the majority of the funds for a greater impact on the local community. Funds need to be used to further expand prostate cancer education, screenings, research and awareness.