Ways to SET the PACE
You can help make a difference!
Look no closer than your own community to educate others about prostate cancer and encouraged men to take action. Get involved by participating or organizing a prostate cancer program in your area.
There are multiple ways to participate in the SET the PACE Event Series. Whether you’re looking to host a large event with the goal of raising a large monetary amount or just to host a simply awareness program, you can be involved with SET the PACE.
Examples of SET the PACE Events
- Run/Walk Events: 5K, 10K, Half or Full Marathon
- Bicycling Events: Road or Mountain biking.
- Motorcycle Rides: Poker Rides or Scenic Tours
- Health Conferences
- Golf Tournaments
- Beer Tasting & Restaurant Fundraising Nights
- Corporate Charity Day – Program in a Box
The First Step:
- Start a new SET the PACE event.
- Approach an existing event to partner with the SET the PACE Event Series.
- Designate PCEC as the beneficiary of an existing event.
SET the PACE Events Requirements
- Give men, women and their families the facts about prostate cancer.
- Encourages all men over 35 years of age to get screened
- Encourages men to Choose to Know and Know to Choose.
- Celebrates fathers, brothers, husbands, sons and friends.
- Uses PCEC’s education materials as an educational tool.
- Retain the majority of the funds for a greater impact on the local community. Funds need to be used to further expand prostate cancer education, screenings, research and awareness.