Ways to SET the PACE
You can help make a difference!
Look no closer than your own community to educate others about prostate cancer and encouraged men to take action. Get involved by participating or organizing a prostate cancer program in your area.
There are multiple ways to participate in the SET the PACE Event Series. Whether you’re looking to host a large event with the goal of raising a large monetary amount or just to host a simply awareness program, you can be involved with SET the PACE.
Examples of SET the PACE Events
- Run/Walk Events: 5K, 10K, Half or Full Marathon
- Bicycling Events: Road or Mountain biking.
- Motorcycle Rides: Poker Rides or Scenic Tours
- Health Conferences
- Golf Tournaments
- Beer Tasting & Restaurant Fundraising Nights
- Corporate Charity Day – Program in a Box
The First Step:
- Start a new SET the PACE event.
- Approach an existing event to partner with the SET the PACE Event Series.
- Designate PCEC as the beneficiary of an existing event.
SET the PACE Events Requirements
- Give men, women and their families the facts about prostate cancer.
- Encourages all men over 35 years of age to get screened
- Encourages men to Choose to Know and Know to Choose.
- Celebrates fathers, brothers, husbands, sons and friends.
- Uses PCEC’s education materials as an educational tool.
- Retain the majority of the funds for a greater impact on the local community. Funds need to be used to further expand prostate cancer education, screenings, research and awareness.
Benefits of Partnering
Who Partners with SET the PACE Event Series?
- Family or friends of survivors
- Urology practices
- Medical centers
- Cancer centers
- Prostate cancer support groups
- Prostate cancer foundations
- Anyone wanting to save lives!
The National SET the PACE Event Series provides our events with a variety of benefits that encompass:
A Respected National Organization: Your event becomes part of a proven and successful organization recognized by the top urologists and prostate cancer support groups.
A Credible Non-profit Umbrella: Your even becomes part of our 501c3—greatly simplifying your fundraising efforts!
Funds Stay Local – Local partners retain the majority of the funds, thereby creating a greater impact in the local community.
Educational Materials –PCEC’S council of experts regularly develops fresh educational and awareness materials for your use and distribution.
National Sponsor Support – PCEC supports each event with a variety of items from our national sponsors each year. We have provided our events items such as backpacks, water bottles, goodie bags, bracelets and other cause related items.
Contacts - We have a large network of companies that you can reach out to for sponsorship, expo area vendors, or donations. We can even help you find a race director or timing service!
Survivor T-shirts – We supply each event with free blue Survivor T-shirts.
SET the PACE Race Kit: For those partners hosting an athletic event, we provide a Race Kit which supplies everything imaginable:
- National Templates: SET the PACE develops every template needed for a successful event, including budgets, press releases, sponsorship forms and contracts, interview tips and speaking points.
- National Discounts: We have established—and give you access to— national discounts for awards, medals, bibs, t-shirts and other things you never knew you would need!
- Banners and Signage: No need to worry about the standard signage or banners. PCEC’s race kit includes start/finish line banners, mile markers and more. We also send samples of race brochures and posters to help you generate additional ideas.
- CONVIO: We’ve invested funds up-front for the top race and fundraising software—so your event coordinator can swiftly, smoothly, and successfully set up its website and registration.
Links to Site Finder
You can help make a difference! Look no closer than your own community to educate others about prostate cancer and encouraged men to take action. Get involved by participating or organizing a prostate cancer program in your area.
2016 SET the PACE Event List
PCEC is proud to provide over 500 events around the country for men, nurses and physicians! For a complete list of all PCEC programs, events and screenings or to start one in your area please visit our Site Screening and Event Finder or call our office at 1-866-4Prost8.
J West Prostate Cancer Run 8K
South Gulfport, FL
American Urological Association 2016 San Diego
Men's Health Testing Event
Biomarkers in Prostate Cancer Talk
Run For the Ribbon Gala
Mac's SET the PACE For BE A SUPERHERO for a Day 5K
Run For the Ribbon 5K
Man Up! Father’s Day 5K/10K
100 Black Men Survivor’s Walk
St. Louis, MO
The Man Ride
Buffalo Run Golf Event
Commerce City, CO
The Man Run 5K
‘Don’t Fear the Finger’ Golf Outing
The Sanctuary- Castle Rock
Castle Pines Golf Club Event
Castle Rock, CO
Blue Tie Luncheon
Men’s Health Event
The FAST PACE Race 5K/10K
Run For All Ages 5K
Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
Hundreds of Free screenings and Talks across the nation
Prostate Cancer Awareness Week
September 18-24, 2016
Hundreds of Free and low cost screenings across the nation
1400 Miles Bike Trek Partner Events
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Santa Fe, NM
Pints for Prostates Partner Events
- Asheville, NC
- Austin, TX
- Charlotte, NC
- Cheyenne, WY
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
...more to come
Corporate Screenings and Education Events
- 9 Health Fair, Porter Hospital, Denver, CO
- 9 Health Fair, Littleton Adventist, Littleton, CO
- 9 Health Fair, Parker, CO
- ...more to come
Biomarkers in Prostate Cancer Education Series
Patient Education Series
- Prostate Cancer Patient Education Program, Jefferson Health, Philiadelphia, PA March 12, 2016
Nursing Education Series
Church Initiatives featuring Educational Symposia and PSA Testing
- Raleigh, NC
- Boston, MA
- Richmond, VA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Oakland, CA
...more to come
Program In A Box a national education and awareness campaign about prostate cancer that includes FUN dress-up days.
- Denver, CO